Notizie: puoi sempre seguire i nostri aggiornamenti su Twitter (@MozillaItalia) e Facebook (/MozillaItalia)

Autore Topic: Recensione negativa di firefox  (Letto 1636 volte)

Offline fabrixx

Recensione negativa di firefox
« il: 29 Ottobre 2004 21:27:13 »
Ho trovato questa girando per la rete:

Firefox: a new infectious disease?"
Everybody around is praising Mozilla Firefox 1.0PR browser. Everyday I hear: ""Switch to Firefox! Switch to Firefox!"" Though I'm quite satisfied with my current browser I decided to try what is very special about that Firefox. Below are some of my impressions. First, it took me unreasonably long time to download the setup Firefox file. OK, I understand: when the epidemic is in full swing... I noticed that in most cases they compare Firefox to IE. OK, I use IE, let's compare. To be exact I use MaxThon Light 1.1 (former MyIE) which works on IE engine. For those who don't know: it's totally different experience to use IE and MaxThon. I left IE itself two years ago and now I can't even imagine how I could work with it before switching to MyIE... They say Firefox is fast. Yes, it's quite fast but not faster than MaxThon. They say that Firefox is great because it offers tab-browsing. MaxThon offers the same. The only difference is that MaxThon tabs are much more customizable and convenient to use. Example: I like my tabs to be at the bottom of the screen. I can do it with MaxThon, in Firefox I haven't found such option. As well as many other options which are available in MaxThon: in other words MaxThon offers EVERYTHING offered in Firefox + much more. In general Firefox interface and options are quite limited if not primitive (I know that it's possible to add so called extensions but hundreds of MaxThon plugins offer much more). I do like simple and ascetic apps because they usually take less of your computer resources. Is it the case with Firefox? Nothing of the kind! Firefox takes at least TWICE as much resources as MaxThon does! Example of memory usage (at the moment both browsers are on with one window or tab opened in each of them): Firefox - 12,384 K, MaxThon - 9,612 K; with 5 same websites opened (approx.): Firefox - 32,00 K, MaxThon - 17,000 K. And now security. They say that IE (and thus MaxThon) is more vulnerable to various malware. Quite possible it's true but during last two years that I have been using MaxThon I never had any virus infected my machine: I simply do know how to behave when you work in the internet and I also use three layers of effective security apps. The only thing I really like in Firefox is its graphical design. That's why I don't understand all that fuss we can see over Firefox. That's why I consider it to be some kind of infectious disease... The bottom line: If you are not too computer savvy and need something not very convenient but simple to use, if you are not too concerned about your system resources go for Firefox. If you would like to have more options, if you know how to secure your computer using standalone apps, if you are limited with resources go for MaxThon Light.

Questo è di fuori! :wink:

Ciao..

MatrixIsAllOver

• Visitatore
Re: Recensione negativa di firefox
« Risposta #1 il: 29 Ottobre 2004 21:57:28 »
Citazione da: ...parte dell' articolo
And now security. They say that IE (and thus MaxThon) is more vulnerable to various malware. Quite possible it's true but during last two years that I have been using MaxThon I never had any virus infected my machine: I simply do know how to behave when you work in the internet and I also use three layers of effective security apps...

:roll:  :roll:  :roll: Siccome sto cercando di "far fioretto" e di evitare quindi "discussioni che potrebbero apparire superflue", semplicemente consiglierei vivamente tutti di cercare un bel sito che traduca dall' inglese all' italiano ed immettere la frase quotata...
E poi, domandarsi quante persone "effettivamente" hanno questa "coscienza" di prevenire piuttosto che curare ?  :roll:
Credo che tutti leggano in rete e notino la crescita di Forum dove persone "disperate" chiedono come liberarsi di uno spyware, o di malware "raccolti" durante la navigazione...
Personalmente adoro Firefox perché ritengo possa proteggere proprio quella stragrande maggioranza di quelle persone che utilizzando I.E. o browser che si basino sul motore di I.E. hanno riempito la rete di Forum dove persone "disperate" chiedono come liberarsi di uno spyware, o di malware "raccolti" durante la navigazione...
Ovviamente, questa è una riflessione personale  :D

Offline Michele Dal Corso

« Risposta #2 il: 29 Ottobre 2004 22:15:52 »
Concordo con la tua riflessione. Inoltre tutto il discorso su MaxThon piccolo da scaricare è una balla: MaxThon è solo un'interfaccia per IE... Se IE cambia di versione, si dovrà scaricare tutto IE + MaxThon, e il totale fa molto più di Firefox.
La velocità di rendering delle pagine poi dove la mette? In Firefox/Gecko si è spinto maggiormente sulla velocità che sull'occupazione di memoria. Ormai tutti i computer che si acquistano hanno almeno 256MB di ram, il che rende superflue considerazioni di questo tipo...
La mia passione per Firefox è nata nel momento in cui lo potevo installare ai miei amici facendogli sparire in un batter d'occhio tutti i problemi di spyware/dialer. Una mera interfaccia, per quanto carina, di IE non risolve questi problemi...

Ciao,
Michele

Offline fabrixx

« Risposta #3 il: 30 Ottobre 2004 22:54:01 »
Quello che ho riportato un commento a firefox 1.0 pr di cnet.com, uno dei pochi negativi (95% positivi) :lol: